Nothing beats a nice tea set.
But “nice” depends on you.
Do you prefer a Japanese style set? Or one from China?
Or perhaps you like the fancy British style? Or a portable set for the road?
Whichever style you want, there are hundreds of options available online.
So what’s the problem?
There are hundreds of options available. With so many choices it’s almost impossible to know which are any good.
That’s why I’ve narrowed them all down to the best tea sets available in all common styles. Hopefully this will help you find the perfect tea service set for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Tea Service Sets Compared
- 2 Best Tea Set: Reviews
- 2.1 Best All-Glass Tea Set: 8 Piece Teabloom Glass Set
- 2.2 Best Japanese Tea Set: 6 Piece Japanese Cast Iron Pot Set
- 2.3 Best European Set: Ufengke 9 Piece European Ceramic Tea Set
- 2.4 Best Vintage Set: Fanquare Vintage British Porcelain Tea Set
- 2.5 Best Chinese Tea Set: Hoobar Portable Chinese Kungfu Tea Set
- 2.6 Best Glass Teapot Set: Jusalpha Fine China Tea Set
- 3 Best Tea Sets: Conclusion
Best Tea Service Sets Compared
Best Tea Set: Reviews
Next we have brief reviews of each of our favorite tea sets. These should help you decide which set is the right one for you.
My personal favorite is the first one, since I love watching my tea steep. I actually don’t pay attention to steeping time anymore. I just watch the color of the tea as it steeps to judge when it is done.
Best All-Glass Tea Set: 8 Piece Teabloom Glass Set
- High-quality: The borosilicate glass used in crafting the pot and tea cups is thick and durable, with the double walled design adding insulation.
- Watch tea steep: Watching your tea steep is incredibly relaxing, especially when it comes t blooming teas.
- Large capacity: The teapot has a much larger capacity than most, which is great for blooming teas.
- Warmer included: Keep your tea warm longer.
- Infuser included: The teapot contains a removable glass strainer.
- Blooming tea included: This set includes a container with 12 different blooming teas.
- Plain design: As a glass set, there is obviously no type of design at all.
- Fragile: Glass is obviously more fragile than some other materials.
This offering from Teabloom is perfect if you enjoy blooming teas, because it lets you watch the flowers unfurl. But even regular tea leaves are great to watch steep. The set is made from thick, durable borosilicate glass and the cups have a double-walled design that keeps heat in the cups and away from your hands.
The included glass infuser is great for loose leaf teas, while blooming teas can steep freely in the large 40 ounce pot. The set also includes a tea warmer and a pack of 12 different blooming teas to try out right away.
When it comes to high-quality and an excellent look, the Teabloom set is the top choice. You get 4 tea cups, one teapot, one glass filter for loose leaf tea, a tea warmer and a container of various blooming teas.
Best Japanese Tea Set: 6 Piece Japanese Cast Iron Pot Set
This offering from Kendal is an excellent, hand-crafted set made of heavy cast iron. It is made in the Japanese style so the quality is very high. It is great for enjoying our favorite drink and as an item of home décor. It makes a great gift for any tea lover, but especially one who loves Japanese teas. The teapot can also be used as a kettle, meaning you can heat it on a stove or over an open flame.
When it comes to high-quality and an excellent Japanese style, this Japanese set is the one you should go for. You get 4 tea cups, one teapot (that doubles as a kettle), and one stainless steel filter. It is great to use and looks good in any house.
Best European Set: Ufengke 9 Piece European Ceramic Tea Set
- It looks very good: All the Ufengke Ceramic pieces look dainty, exactly how a they should look. It has a nice European look to it.
- Customer Service: The customer service of the Ufengke Company is very good and if any items are damaged in transit, they will replace them for you.
- Colors: It comes in two colors of white and pink.
- Wedding gift: It is exquisite to look at, so it can be an excellent wedding gift, especially if the bride likes pink.
- Capacity: The capacity of the teapot is only 450 ml so you may need to refill it if you want to fill all the teacups.
The Ufengke ceramic set is a nine-piece European style version. It is made of bone china and can be used as a tea or a coffee set. The Ufengke Ceramic service comes with a metal holder and is very easy to use. It has pink camellia paintings of flowers and butterflies on it.
The Ufengke Ceramic set is excellent if you are looking for a European style model. It comes in two colors and is very dainty. The teapot could have been a little bigger but it is perfect for brewing tea for four to five people.
If you like to drink Irish or English breakfast teas, they just go better in a tea set like this one. Read “What Is The Difference Between Irish And English Breakfast Tea?” if you want to know more about these two types of tea.
Best Vintage Set: Fanquare Vintage British Porcelain Tea Set
- Vintage Look: It has a vintage look with rose color on a creamy white background. It will look great in your kitchen, living or dining room.
- Gift: The Fanquare British set is packaged well as a gift and you can gift it for a variety of occasions like birthdays, Father's day, Mother's day, Thanksgiving, housewarming, Christmas, bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, anniversary, etc.
- Refund: If the product is chipped, you get a full refund or a free replacement as per your choice.
- Difficult to clean: Since the British set components are not dishwasher friendly, you need to wash them by hand which makes them a little more difficult to clean.
- You can’t heat it in a microwave: In case you want to quickly heat a cup of tea in your microwave, you can’t do so as the cups are not microwavable.
The Vintage British service from Fanquare is a complete teapot set of 15 pieces which include tea cups and saucers, a creamer, a sugar set and a teapot. It can be used for a tea party or after dinner. You can gift it for a wedding.
The Fanquare service makes an excellent gift, with its royal, English look of the 1800s. The set has 15 pieces and both the teapot and the milk pot have enough capacity to fill all the cups.
Best Chinese Tea Set: Hoobar Portable Chinese Kungfu Tea Set
- High Quality: The quality of the components is very high and they has a very traditional Chinese style and look. Everything is made of Ge kiln which is a type of ceramic.
- Portable and easy to carry: Since you also get a free portable bag, all the pieces are very easy to carry around and to store. The travel bag is very convenient and perfect for travel, for outdoor picnics or if you are going on a business trip.
- Small Teapot: With a capacity of just 200 ml, the teapot is rather small. Also since there are only four teacups, you can’t use it if there are a large number of people (Chinese teapots are usually small, but you can find larger ones as well, like this one).
If you want an authentic Chinese looking pot and cups then you should go for the Hoobar Kungfu Chinese Tea Set. It is portable and easy to travel with. It is made of porcelain and you get a teapot, teacups & a tea tray. If you’re not familiar with the gongfu (or kungfu) brewing method, read this lesson.
If you are interested in a high-quality, Chinese style set then the Kungfu version from Hoobar is a good choice. It is excellent if you are traveling and very authentic looking.
Best Glass Teapot Set: Jusalpha Fine China Tea Set
- Complete Set: The Jusalpha Fine China offering is a complete bundle that includes four spoons, four teacups, four saucers, one teapot warmer and one teapot with a filter.
- Translucent and lightweight: The bone China used in all the components is excellent which makes all the items very light. The finish has a translucent sheen.
- Delicate Pattern: The pattern is delicate and lovely to see.
- It can break easily: Since everything is made of bone china, the pieces are very delicate and can break very easily. Many reviewers online have complained that they received broken pieces.
If you are looking for a complete tea service with a glass teapot so you can watch your tea brew, then the Fine China one from Jusalpha is the choice for you.
It is made of fine bone china, apart from the transparent teapot, and is a lightweight set. It is very strong and has a great feel and finish.
You get a whole range of 16 pieces with this set including teacups, spoons, saucers, a glass teapot with a filter which can be removed, and cleaned and a teapot warmer.
The Jusalpha Fine China Service is a dainty and delicate option made of fine bone china. It is a complete set with sixteen items, so you get value for your money. It looks great and also comes with a teapot warmer so that you don’t need to constantly reheat the water.
Best Tea Sets: Conclusion
Having a good quality teapot and tea cups is very helpful when it comes to entertaining guest.
- If you like a Japanese look, then you can go for the Japanese Cast Iron Teapot With 4 Cups.
- If you want a Chinese look, you can go for the Hoobar Chinese Kungfu Model.
- If you want a European looking service you can choose the ufengke European Ceramic one or the Fanquare British one for a rich, classic, vintage European look.
- Finally, you can choose the Jusalpha Fine China model if you want one with everything, including a teapot warmer.